Wednesday 28 March 2018

My Handmade Wardrobe Cosy Jersey dress



You may have seen a few sneak peeks of this Cosy Jersey dress, but here is the low down on my Cosy Jersey dress from My Handmade Wardrobe. A new pattern company which launched at the end of January and I got to go to the launch party wearing my lovely dress!

My handmade wardrobe have launched a pattern range specifically with beginners level instructions. They explain every step in great detail which helps especially if it's your first time Sewing stretch fabric or you are unsure which needle to use etc. 

Best this about this dress besides it's comfort is the size of the pockets! I can get a full magazine AND a bottle of prosecco in! No more clutch bags for me! 

I made mine from scuba with a pleather looking side one side and plain scuba the other. I decided to use the right and wrong sides as a contrast between the panels which I think worked really well. The pattern has two length options as a jumper or a dress and also various sleeve options so you can pick and choose which you want to do.

The sleeves confused me when I was putting it all together and it wasn't till I tried it on did I realise that I had already done the sleeves as part of the side panels! Sneaky! All that was left to attach was the sleeve band which I contrasted the colours again. 

I made the size XL which actually is miles too big on me but with a belt the shape with the pockets sticking out makes a lovely hourglass shape. I could probably go down 2 sizes when I make the next one so it's worth checking the sizing as you go along, especially if you are making it with fabric with plenty of stretch in it.
The launch party was a lovely evening with other sewing types! I always love meeting sewing people in really life as everyone is so friendly and happy to geek out about fabric just as much as you are! The Crafty Sew and Sew shop is a lovely venue too, though I was a bit cold which gave the pockets another use to cuddle my arms in and warm up! This dress is multipurpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment